Friday, November 14, 2008

Venn diagram of

 self domains

Through the process of drawing my domains venn diagram, I found my preferences and reasons of doing art and design can be traced back to my Personal experiences.

My parents have influenced my rational thinking because of their management background. but how I express my thoughts through the photos, drawings and writing came from the controversy I found when dealing with my recognition as a Taiwanese, gender as a woman and status as a traveler.

 







Future/

Filming, post-production as career, 
Dialogue with people, 
Self-conflict in Culture, economics, and Political status. 
New language, 
Eastern vs. Western thoughts,
Travel. 

Personal experience/

Can't be explained :
Ego-centric
No religion
Mysterious things

Explainable:
Genders
Colonial history of Taiwan
Japanese influence
The unsolved political problem between China and Taiwan
Parents 
Education










Personal choice/ 

Can't be explained:
Childhood
Cosmos, Physics
Narrative
No category, believe in the cause and effect
Not Logical
Can't be explain
Organic
Myth and Story telling
Mysterious power, energy or movement 
cause the unidentified human emotions or the choice of memory.

Explainable:
Documentation | Film, photography, writing
Feminine topic
Analogue Photography
Story telling
Hand made
Literature | context, form, aesthetic and style
Organic | plantation, food, human body functions, recycling, environment


No comments: